With the pneumonia, I tried to take it easy this weekend and get some rest. I definitely did that, but I also don't do good staying at home too long. I rested all day Saturday while Robert took the girls to Lani's last soccer game (which I hated to miss) and then to a celebration of the soccer season. He ended up droping them by Applebee's to eat lunch with Paw Paw and Mimi Moore while he came home and got ready for Kelly Cooper's wedding. He left for the wedding (also hated to miss) and the girls got home in time for naps. After naps we were suppose to go to the Pumpkin Patch and then to the Cantey's house for our Undersheperd outing with church. The thing is, I was in charge of the get together and had planned it with Robbie. I really wanted to go, but then also thought I might not need to. We decided to skip the Pumpkin Patch and then Robert take the girls. By the time 6:00 came around we had changed our minds again and all went out to the Cantey's. I was so glad to get out for a little bit and it was such a great night. The kids had fun, I enjoyed seeing friends, the soups were great and Tim had a huge bonfire. We were making smores and enjoying the warmth. Doug had a great idea and got a rack so he could roast multiple marshmallows at one time. I didn't take the camera, but Robert used his new video gadget. Maybe he can put some footage on here later. The rack with all the marshmallows was great!
As we headed home I began to cough again like I had on Friday. Just couldn't get it to stop. I think it was from the smoke from the fire right before we left. So Sunday morning I was a little achy again. Robert went to Christ Church to hear Matt Dean speak and the Hixons were so kind to take the girls to church. I know they had fun going with the Hixons. Again, I rested! But I got to get out again when we headed out to Pike Road to Christ Church's Harvest Fest. It was a lot of fun and we got to see Lani's teacher, Mrs. Cobb. I didn't realize that was where she went to church so Lani was excited to see her. The kids had fun with their cousins, Taylor and Myra Jane, and also with the Deans, Josh and Caleb. It was a nice night of little games and trunk or treating.
Over all, it was a good weekend and I did start to feel better. I got good rest but also enjoyed a little fun :)
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment