Ok, I think I posted a while back about Ella taking her diaper off and having a mess in her bed. Thankfully, that has not happened again, but I'm waiting for the day. Last week while napping at mom's she took her pants off and then her diaper and of course tinkled in the bed. That was the first time she has taken her pants off. I know better now than to put her to bed with nothing over the diaper. So this morning when I go to get her up, she is holding up her diaper. Oh Ella! As I'm grabbing the diaper from her and planning to get another, I realize the diaper she gave me is completely dry! She must have taken it off before she ever fell asleep. Her bed was soaking wet along with her blankie. I took the sheet and mattress cover off and washed them and made the bed back up after church. Before nap we talked about it and said we will not take off our pants or diaper - 'yes mam, no diaper off'. What happens when I go in after nap - pants off again as well as diaper and we have tinkled again! Another changing of the sheets! We have checked her tonight and she is asleep with pants on so we will see what happens in the morning.
I have been working on potty training her so I guess she just thinks she will take it off and go. She is doing good going in the potty, but we are not consistent with it yet. I usually put her on when I am changing a diaper and before bed. I might need to try pull ups and see what she does with those. What fun times!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Garrison has done this twice this week, only the diaper is full of #2. We REALLY need to potty train him but I have been lazy about it - I blame it on having 3 kids and a BABY!! Jennifer Miller used to tape around Carter's diaper, remember? And ask Robert - I thought Peanut Butter was safe? Just not products? But, I did buy a bag of Reese's PB cups???? Maybe I should make something else!?!?!? I've eaten about 6 Reeses cups....
Post a Comment