Well, Wednesday was going to start the busier part of the week, but Ella had been coughing a lot at night and waking up several times during the night since Sunday night. It was so unlike her to wake up but then again, we have had these coughs for so long that I didn't think much of it at first. She was fine during the day, played and had fun, but then nighttime the coughing would start again. While I was at my doctor's appt on Tues the doctor heard her cough and said she sounded croupy. So this morning I decided to call the Dr for an appt. I am the room mom for Lani's class and I was suppose to work with the other mom who is helping me to make the Indian t-shirts for the kids in the class. Didn't think it would be a good idea to take Ella up there since she might have croup. Thankfully I found another mom who was able to help out. We headed to the Dr and after getting Ella to cough for the Dr, he determined it sounded like it was turning into croup. So we got a steriod shot (Ella was not happy about), some cough medicine and an antibiotic. I'm hoping we can get rid of the croup and get rid of this cough that has hung around for going on 4 weeks now.
Typically, we don't get sick that often, but so far we are not starting this season off to well. I am hoping we will get it out of our systems and do better during the winter. Ella is sleeping well so far and pray it will be a good night tonight. Last night just as I was going to bed, Ella woke up coughing. After taking care of her with a humidifer, walking outside for a minute, getting online to read about croup, and drinking a little milk, Lani woke up (which rarely happens) and really didn't make since what she was saying and went back to bed. After all that I think I fell asleep around 1:30 or 2. So I am heading to bed now - sleep good everyone!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
ask your dr about using a nebulizer with just saline. if ella's cough won't go away. it worked for cal and kept T's cold from turning into croup and made him actually stop coughing! so sorry ya'll had a rough night. hope YOU are better!
Post a Comment