Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thank you Lord!

Oh, a better day today after I think the worst day I have had as a mom yesterday. Both girls were very good today. No spankings- wow!!! Happy hearts, obedience, no yelling, both took great naps! Oh Thank You Lord!
Well, now a little about Ella I have been wanting to write for awhile. Ella has always seemed to like her books. She would go into her room and sit by herself and pull off book by book and look through them. A couple weeks ago she began to pull out 2 books, everyday, that she wanted me to read to her. The first is "Where's Spot?" Each page you are trying to find Spot the dog. It will say - "Is he in the piano?" and you pull the flap up and inside is another animal that says "no". Next page you look somewhere else and it says "no", until you get to the end and find Spot. So Ella reads the book and each time she flips up to look she would say "no" with the cutest inflection. The other book is "Goodnight Moon" - a classic. Her favorite part is when the old lady whispers "hush". So when we get to that page, she puts her finger up to her mouth and quietly says "shh". So every day and night she goes into her room and somehow finds these 2 books and brings them to me to read. Oh, those sweet moments!

2 comments:

Hank and Laura said...

Reading to me is always a happy excuse to sit and hold my babies awhile. They never seem to grow tired of their favorite books! However, they have loved Goodnight Moon to death and it is in pieces now. I am going to get little Charlie his own copy to love. Your girls are much gentler on their books, I'm sure.

Lindsay Moore said...

Well, glad I took that pic a couple weeks ago b/c Ella tore have the cover off Goodnight Moon last week.