Well, it's been a couple weeks since I have written in here. We've been pretty busy these last few weeks and the girls have had some changes going on. I'll probably do a couple different posts on things we have been doing, but here are the challenges I am having with the girls. Ella decided she didn't need that morning nap anymore...which can be a nice thing. I'm not scheduling around staying at home to make sure we get that needed sleep. But at the same time, it makes us a little more fussy trying to make it to the afternoon nap. We gradually made our way out of no morning naps. One day we would have one and the next we would skip. Then we would skip 2 days and I think last week she didn't have any morning naps. Humm...maybe that is one reason last week we were so cranky!! She also last week has had terrible diapers...several a day! It does look like she has a couple teeth coming in, but she has a mouth full and we have never had this before. I tell you, I don't mind changing diapers and never have really had a problem with it. But last Monday, I almost gagged changing her diaper...that was a first. Robert had to change it Tuesday morning and he said the same thing...whew!! On top of all that, we decided to bite a little boy...on the face...last week!! Yes, I was horrified! Now Ella has a little temper and can be aggressive and even act like she will bite you, but I just prayed she would never bite another child. Oh how God humbles you...quickly!! She even bite me on the leg later that week. We are working on it and Lord willing will be growing out of this quickly. I'm sure many of my friends with little kids will be wanting to avoid me for awhile :) I told Robert I was going to tell Ella she had to stay in her room and have no friends until she could be kind :)
Now Lani, she also decided around the same time as Ella, that she no longer needed her afternoon nap. Now, I knew this would happen at some point (earlier than later I thought), but I just was not quite ready. Most of her friends no longer take afternoon naps, but we kept getting in that 2 hrs of rest. So even though she was getting ready to get out of that nap, she was still needing some of that sleep. No nap still means we have rest time in our room and can read books and rest on the bed. Well, this took some getting used to because she didn't want that either. So needless to say, the last 2 weeks with her have been a little rough...less sleep, whiny, arguing, didn't want to stay in her room, but this weekend, we have done much better. The nap/rest time is very important to me because I have to do my little bit of work during that time, so this is another reason why it's been a little difficult.
Life with kids is never dull and just when you think things have been going pretty good, something gets thrown at you. I have to continue to seek the Lord for wisdom and guidance, strength and patience and know that He will get us through each trial. There is always something to learn and my faith grows stronger. "Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge him and HE will direct your path" Proverbs 3:5. " The fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self Control." Galatians 5:22. I need to practice each of these, everyday, with my children. Thank you Lord for my children and that through them you are able to teach me so much!!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
AMEN!!!!!!!
Wow! i can so relate!! my boys truly are a huge part of my sanctification process...my sin just blares at me when i become impatient, frustrated, or angry with them. (and i didn't think i struggled with this before having kids...boy, did the Lord really humble me!)
hope you have a better week this week, lindsay!!
Ella, you are so right. I didn't realize I struggled with some of these sin issues either - but so glad I know now so I can work on them :)
Post a Comment