Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My new bike!

Robert wrote a couple weeks ago about my new bike trailer I brought. And I think he mentioned that I had the bike trailer, but no bike. Well, I had a bike, but it was about 17 yrs old and needed some updating, although a good one. So I took it to the local bike shop to see what it would cost to fix it up. It started out to be under $100 for a tune up and new tubes, but then it needed new brakes, I wanted a new seat and maybe higher handles bars. So now we were up to about $200. Is it worth it or should I just buy a new one? The guy showed me a new Raleigh bike (for $300) which was really comfortable and l loved the look of it. Well, I don't make decisions quickly...especially when it comes to spending money. I took Robert up to see it and then was going to think about it overnight. He told me he would hold it for me. I decided I would get it but I had to work at the MetLife Chamber Golf Tournament the next day. I forgot to tell the guy that and then of course got busy and never called them. So when I went back the next day - No Bike! They had sold it the night before! I told them, I guess it wasn't meant for me, although I was really sad about it because I had finally made a decision (Robert loves when I make decisions) and then it wasn't there. So I went on a search online calling stores in Bham, Auburn and finally Prattville. During my search, I was told about a Trek bike (Navigator 2.0) that was similiar to the one I was looking at at the other store and the Prattville store had one. So out to Prattville we went on Saturday to check out the bike. I loved it! The design, the fit, the color - it was perfect! A bike that retails for $430, I got for $300 - Yeah, I love getting good deals! You can check out the bike here.
So I finally got to hook up MY bike to the trailer and go for a ride. We went Sunday afternoon and I pulled Ella while Lani and the Hixon boys rode their bikes for a fun ride in the rain. We've gone Mon and Wed morning for rides and then tonight, Robert got a new tube in his bike and me, him and Ella (Lani is spending the night with great grandparents) went for a ride and stopped by Amie's house for a short visit with her and Taylor. I am so excited about our rides!

2 comments:

Rosemary Gulledge said...

Call us sometime - we went on a family bike ride ourselves this afternoon!! We can have a parade of bikes and meet up at the park!

Lindsay Moore said...

We would love to! I have had fun on the bike rides. Can't wait till Fall for it to be cooler.