We had a fun day to celebrate Lani's birthday, but it was followed by a busy day of doctors appts. We started the day off by going to the dentist at 8:00. Dr. David found a small cavity in a back tooth. They had said last time we were in that her molar's have deep grooves (not sure what you call it), but food gets stuck in them much easier and it's hard to get out - even when you brush good. My teeth are the exact same and I have 3 of them filled from cavaties when I was younger. I think there is not much way around it. The hygenist said she didn't have any plack so I guess we are doing ok with the brushing. When she gets her permanent teeth, we will just have to put seelants in there to help avoid those cavities.
So we get out of the dentist much later than we wanted to to get to school. About 30 min late, she gets to school with her birthday snack and Ella and I go to run a quick errand. We come back in time for snack to find the kids sitting in the hall. One child had a little potty accident so they were cleaning up the room. They found another room to have the cookie cake for Lani's birthday. So after a quick celebration, we were off to Dr. Morrison's for Ella's 18 month check up and Lani's 4 yr check up. Isn't it nice to do both at one time. Typically, my girls are pretty good at the Dr's office. Dr. Morrison always says he likes to see us b/c the girls are calm. Lani really does like to go see him and Ella might fuss a little, but she is good. So, here is our appt. First, Lani has to get her finger pricked. No big deal. She has done it before and been just fine. She had already started crying and didn't want to give the nurse her finger. We get through that and head back to the room. Lani of course did great with Dr. Morrison, Ella cried a little, but did fine. So now we wait for the nurse to bring the shots. Lani knew she was getting shots, but when that nurse came in, she started freaking out. She wanted Ella to go first, but they did not have Ella's shot's yet. So, Lani starts to cry and is sitting in the corner. The nurse asks if we need some help. I said yes, thinking I could give Ella to another nurse and help Lani on the table to get the shot. So here came the nurse and I put Lani on the table and she is screaming. I took her off and had a quick talk and we got back up but started screaming again and kicking our legs. The nurse ended up bringing in one more nurse to help hold Lani down while they gave her the shots. What was funny is that when they finally gave her the shot, she started to calm down b/c she realized it really wasn't that bad. So, Lani was done and now had time to calm down while Ella got her shots. Of course she cried a little, but by the time I picked her back up, she was fine. I had to have a little talk with Lani in the car that we were not going to act that way in the Dr's office. I told her it's ok to cry with the shots, but we are not going to scream and throw a fit like that.
Whew, that was a lot of Dr's appts and issues to deal with, but we made it through.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment