Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Catching up with an old Friend!

It's Wacky Wednesday again and this week I planned for us to go downtown to the Amphitheater splash park area. This would be our first time to play down here so we were looking forward to it. It ended up, the people that were going to get to come, had to back out at the last minute...except for a good friend of mine since I have know from childhood. My friend Laura Gaston moved back to town about a month ago and we have not had a chance to see each other yet and visit. We have talked, but this was our first time to really get to visit. A little background...Laura grew up in Montgomery and we moved to Montgomery when I was 3 and my sister 5. Laura and her family were the first people we met in our neighborhood and we and our families have been friends since that time. Laura was in between me and my sister in age and we all grew up together playing...lots of fun memories. We went to different high schools, but started hanging out again when we got to Auburn. Me, my sister and Laura were all in each others weddings. She has lived down at the beach and in Birmingham, so it's fun to have her back here where we can hang out more. I'm looking forward to my girls playing with her 3 boys, James, Noah and Charlie...we love having more boy friends! We had a great time down at the splash park and the kids had so much fun running around with each other. I wish I had some pictures, but they were all over the place so I couldn't get any good ones. Laura took some of them sitting for a few seconds so I will have to get those from her. We will have to hold on to these because 20 years from now, they will hopefully still be friends just like their moms. Laura, we need to find some old pictures of us!

No comments: