Thursday, July 2, 2009

First Garden

Well I thought it would be fun to have a garden...not so much to eat from, but to watch it grow with the girls. We tried this last year by planting some plants in pots...We then put in an automatic water system, but it somehow was turned off!  That led to a dead garden...Wait I am sorry, we did get one roma tomato.

This year I decided to try putting the garden in the ground.  So I pulled up some sod (after having only put down last year) and tilled the ground.  Then we went to HD and bought a variety of what was available!

This year we have: 3 varieties of Tomatoes, 3 different peppers, okra, squash, zucchini, cataloupe, and watermelon.  So far we have one tomato, one pepper, and 2 cucumbers.  We picked one of the cucumbers this morning!

We put in an automatic watering system and it got a feeding of Miracle gro yesterday.  Who knows I may be watering it too much or maybe it is not getting enough!  So far it is not dead!

We try and go and check it alot...hopefully the plants will pick on production so the girls get a little more excited!

Before Planting:
 

A Few Weeks Later:



What we have yielded so far:
 

1 comment:

ashley armistead said...

Robert, isn't that a cucumber?