Thursday, February 5, 2009

School testing

Well Lani had her Kindergarten testing today. We had to switch from Tuesday to today b/c she was feeling so bad. So we headed up to Eastwood at 11:00. She was great and excited and thankfully I wasn't nervous like I thought I might be. So off she went with 7 other children while the moms hung around and chatted. Several people had told me they color a butterfly but didn't really know what else to expect. So 45 mintues later they were back, and as we headed home I began to ask her what all they did. This is what I got from her: they colored the butterfly, cut out the shapes and glued them on the butterfly, each child was given instructions to do something with a bear - she had to jump up and down and then touch the yellow hat on the bear, they had to count to 10, they had to sort out colors into bins and then make a design with them afterwards, told what color something was, and then when done got to go read a book. So, it was fun to hear and pull the information out of her what they did back there and she seemed to have enjoyed her time. So next step is the parent interview with some board members next Thursday - exciting!
Here's Lani's butterfly she colored :)

No comments: