Lani's birthday party was planned for Saturday morning as a water slide party. We did the same thing last year and the kids love the big slide. I had already thought how easy the party was going to be because there was not much to set up and I was just going to do a little snack food. Then Hurricane Fay came into the picture! So Tuesday I started checking the internet, quit often, to see what it was going to be like by Saturday. Of course the Hurricane could not decide what it was going to do, therefore I could not decide what to do - go for it, reschedule, do something different! I changed my mind a couple times, but we decided to go ahead with the party, switch it to my parent's garage (another room in their house) and let the kids do crafts. The easy party turned into running around on Friday to the craft stores to gather all the materials we needed. Then going to moms to set up the stations for our crafts. We had a table to make salt dough ornaments, a table to do sand art, and a sea mural for the kids to paint. It really was not that bad, just a little more time and planning. Lani was excited though because she loves to do crafts. The day turned out great and the kids seemed to have a good time with all the crafts.
After crafts, we of course had cake and ice cream. Lani had picked out a princess castle cake pan that I had her cake made from and then she also wanted birthday cake ice cream. We also got to have a princess castle pinata - which was a surprise for Lani and she had really been wanting the pinata. Can you tell Lani is into Princess things? :) We finally got to open presents of which she got so many cute gifts and lots of princess items!
It turned out to be a fun birthday party and a great outing for the kids since we had so much rain!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment