Monday, July 7, 2008

Swim Lessons and Welcome Home Mattie!!

We started our week off with Lani's swim lessons. She is taking lessons up at Sturbridge this week and next. She did great and did everything they asked without hesitation. I assumed she would do well this year. Last year, not so good! Lani loves the water, but did not want that face under water. We had a friend teach a small group and I had her try the things with Lani, but she was not liking it at all! She had gotten better during the summer last year and we had her swimming the end of the summer. But then we had to go through 9 months of no swimming. She has not been afraid of putting her face under this year, but she has not wanting to practice swimming with me. I think it's just a mommy/daughter battle. But hopefully after these lessons, she will be ready to go!
Mattie is home from China!!! Yeah! We missed Mattie and are so glad she is home. We got to go see her today during lunch and she brought the girls home some fun girly things! Lani has enjoyed her scratch and draw princess book! Thank you Mattie and glad you are home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lani! I'm proud of your swimming (and skating)!
Love,
Aunt Robin