Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our Fun on the Fourth!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July! Thank you Lord for our Independence and our being able to worship you freely!
We started our day off getting ready for our neighborhood 4th of July parade. Since I didn't make it to Hobby Lobby the day before to get our decorations, I quickly drove over there a little after 9 to see what I could find and hurried home to decorate the gator just in time to start the parade at 10! (next year I will be prepared) This was the first year we were able to be apart of the parade. Lani and Judah (my sisters 2 yr old) rode in the gator while Ella was pushed in her buggie car (with very little decorations). The parade goes down the main street, with people sitting along the side to wave and enjoy, and ends at the clubhouse with popsicles. The kids had a great time, but wow was it HOT!!!
From the parade, I went to help mom make desserts for our annual July 4th gathering. I love to bake and it's always fun to get everything together. After the kids had naps, we went back to my parents for a quick dinner and then lots of desserts and fun. Friends gathered for a fun night of fellowship. The blow up water slide was up again and the kids of course had a blast. Then we walked across the street to the 7th hole tee box for our perfect seats to enjoy the fireworks. Lani of course loves the fireworks and always has, but I wasn't sure what Ella would do. She LOVED them too! She would clap for them and would say "ooh or boom". There was not one child there that got scared. Then back to moms we went for more desserts and of course the fun sparklers. Yes, we had 2 and 3 year olds playing with sparklers. I know, a little scary, but we had good supervision.
It was a full day and Ella crashed in her bed at 9:30 and Lani got to spend the night with her cousins at Mimi and Grandpa's! We always enjoy the Fourth of July!
*Robert has his fireworks video he will post in her later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful memories you are making!